Terms of Service
All the fine print you could ever want.
Welcome to www.AllCampusSecurity.com. This website is owned and operated by All Campus Security LLC. By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide, you understand and agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions as stated in this policy (hereafter referred to as 'User Agreement').
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
This agreement is in effect as of Oct 09, 2012.
- Trademarks & Copyright
- All Campus Security, www.allcampussecurity.com and the ACS logo are registered trademarks of All Campus Security, LLC.
- The entire content of this Website is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws and All Campus Security owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content.
- You may not use an identical, virtually identical or any name that suggests a false association with the All Campus Security trademark as a second-level domain name.
- All content and materials available on www.AllCampusSecurity.com, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of www.AllCampusSecurity.com or ACS vendors or partners, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by www.AllCampusSecurity.com.
- Unless otherwise indicated, this Website and its design, text, photography, video, content, selection and arrangement of elements, organization, graphics, design, compilation, and other matters related to this Website (“Content”) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to, intellectual property) laws, including without limitation those of the United States, and all Content and intellectual property rights therein are the property of All Campus Security.
- Except as noted above, you may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transmit, transfer or create derivative works from the Content without written permission from All Campus Security.
- All Campus Security represents, recommends and offers for sale many products by a variety of manufacturers. All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, services marks and/or trade dress mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated on the Website are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to display or use the Marks in any manner without prior written permission of All Campus Security or the appropriate owner.
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Limitation of Liability
- In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. All Campus Security will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
- Termination of Use
- You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
- Governing Law
- This website is controlled by www.AllCampusSecurity.com from our offices located in Austin, Texas, USA. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of the State of Texas. By accessing this website, you agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Texas, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
- Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the US Federal Court or State of Texas courts located in Texas. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- What does this warranty cover?
- All Campus Security (the "Company") warrants to the Original Purchaser that the Company's hardware is free from defects in workmanship or material under normal user and service. This warranty commences on the date of delivery of the hardware to the Original Purchaser.
- What are the Company's obligations under this warranty?
- During the warranty period, the Company agrees to repair or replace, at its sole option, without charge to Original Purchaser, any defective component part of the hardware. To obtain service, Original Purchaser must return the hardware to the Company in an adequate container for shipping. All defective products must be returned to the Company within thirty (30) days of failure. Products must be returned with a description of the failure and Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number supplied by the Company. To receive a RMA number and obtain assistance on where to deliver the hardware, call (512) 853-9411. The postage, shipping, and insurance charges incurred in shipping to the Company will be paid by Original Purchaser, and all risk for the hardware shall remain with the Original Purchaser until such time as Company takes receipt of the hardware. Upon receipt, the Company will promptly repair or replace the defective unit, and then return said unit to Original Purchaser, postage and shipping prepaid. The Company may user reconditioned or like-new parts or units, at its sole option, when repairing any hardware. Repaired products shall carry the same amount of outstanding warranty as from original purchase, or ninety (90) days, whichever is greater. Any claim under the warranty must include dated proof of purchase or invoice. In any event, the Company's liability for defective hardware is limited to repairing or replacing the hardware.
- What does this warranty not cover?
- This warranty is contingent upon proper use of the hardware by Original Purchaser and does not cover: if damage is due to accident; unusual physical, electrical, or electromechanical stress; modifications; neglect; misuse; failure of electric power, air conditioning, or humidity control; transportation; operation with media not approved by the Company; or tampering with or altering of the hardware.
- What is the length of this warranty?
- The warranties given herein, together with any implied warranties covering the hardware, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to one year from the date of delivery to Original Purchaser. Jurisdictions very with regard to the enforceability of warranty limitations, and you should check the provisions of your local jurisdiction to find out whether the above limitation applies to you.
- What are the limits of the company's liability?
- The Company shall not be liable to your for loss of data, loss of profits, lost savings, special, incidental, consequential, indirect, or other similar damages arising from breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or other legal action even if the Company or its agent has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim brought against your by another party. Jurisdictions vary with regard to the enforceability of provisions excluding or limiting liability for incidental or consequential damages. You should check the provisions of your local jurisdiction to find out whether the above exclusion applies to you.
- This warranty allocates risks of product failure between Original Purchaser and the Company. The Company's hardware pricing reflects this allocation of risk and the limitations of liability contained in this warranty. The warranty set forth above is in lieu of all other express warranties, whether oral or written. The agents, employees, distributors, and dealers of the Company are not authorized to make modification to this warranty, or additional warranties binding on the Company. Accordingly, additional statements such as dealer advertising or presentations, whether oral or written, do not constitute warranties by the Company and should not be relied upon.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from one jurisdiction to another.
Returns & RMAs
- The All Campus Security team strives to deliver exceptional service to our customers. But, there is necessarily a limit to what we can do. Call them rules or limitations, we believe that "good fences make good neighbors."
- All Campus Security offers a broad range of products from a number of manufacturers. These should be considered in two broad categories:
- Normal Offerings
- Products described and offered on the pages of www.allcampussecurity.com are considered our normal offerings. All support, warranty and returns of these products will be handled per the normal Policies detailed below. These product listings are updated to reflect changes by the makers. Unfortunately, ACS can not guarantee that every product presented is available in the quantities desired. We reserve the right to cancel or back-order products as required due to inventory issues beyond our control.
- Special Orders
- Products not offered on the pages of www.allcampussecurity.com but requested by our customers are considered 'special order' and MAY NOT be returned. All normal warranty & support procedures and limitations apply.End-of-life products can sometimes be located to fulfill orders. Once a previously 'Normally-offered' product is EOL'd by a manufacturer, ACS will consider that product as 'Special Order'
- Specifically, the ACS Return Policy states:
- It is our policy to maintain a copy of all applicable documents pertaining to sales and use tax as part of our records. If we do not have a properly executed certificate or necessary documents, we are obligated to collect all taxes for the state in which the tangible property is being shipped to (regardless of the bill to address).
- Equipment unopened and in original packaging is eligible for return within 30 days after purchase. After 30 days, unused equipment returns will be assessed a restocking fee of up to 25%.
- For all returns, you must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from All Campus Security before the return. Separately, Advanced Replacement of defective product must be issued by Technical Support after a remote session determines that the issue can not be resolved through a configuration or firmware reset.
- For RMAs, we ask that the original product be shipped using the shipping waybill that will be provided by ACS. This ensures tracking and closing the open return. Any returns must be packed appropriately and with care, and must include ALL original parts, pieces, manuals and accessories that were included in the orginal packing.
- Returns that were originally paid by credit card will be accessed a 3% bank fee charge if the credit is requested to be returned to the card, we do also offer to send the refund by check where the 3% is not assessed. In addition, the credit can remain on file for future purchases.
- IP Camera Software is NOT returnable or refundable.
- Shipping charges are NOT refundable.
Responsible Use and Conduct
- By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as 'Resources'), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
- Wherein, you understand that:
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising; Impersonates any person or entity, including any www.AllCampusSecurity.com employees or representatives. We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks.
- We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against ACS.
- UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, www.AllCampusSecurity.com EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- If you have any questions or comments about these our Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at:
All Campus Security
10900 Research Blvd, Suite 160C
Austin, TX 78759